Monday, January 19, 2009

Short & Sweet

Yup, that's what this post is going to be. I'm just plain tired. Brendan was sick all night and this boy NEVER catches anything. Well he got his fair share last night. Poor boy. He's on the mend though so hoping he'll be good for school/daycare tomorrow!

A few new layouts to share. This first layout is based on a sketch by Allison Cope over at So Sketchy. I finally tried some currogated cardboard on my layout. I've seen it done a few times and I love the texture it lends to the layout. Super fun stuff! :

Suplies: FP paper/diecuts/rubs; Colorbox round chipboard; Maya Road leaf chipboard; BG alpha; Making Memories paint; Ranger pearls.

This second layout was for a challenge issued at Scrap Shotz. The idea was to scrap some summer themed photos. I was totally up to the challenge and used beach pictures of Brendan from our PEI vacation last summer. And bright and fun colours too! I can't wait for summer to roll around again. Dealing with -30 temperatures last week was brutal.


Kid Update:

Olivia started indoor soccer on Saturday. She loves it! This is her 3rd or 4th round of soccer and each time, she gains so much confidence and even gets a bit agressive (in a good way) in the game. The best part is she's having a lot of fun. Besides that, she's rocking in school Fabulous marks and she's joined the Rosary Club and choir. I love that she wants to be so involved.

Besides being sick, Brendan played his first hockey tournament on Saturday with the Blackburn Stingers. I serously had SO much fun watching him play. He can be agressive too (but not in a good way ;) ) so we'll need to work on that with him. He's definately hard core though. He dove in front of the puck to stop a goal, he got a break-away of sorts and almost scored...AND he got an assist. And that all happened in only one game - they played three. He is also doing great at school. He's not joining any clubs (recess time is far too precious for him! lol) but he's doing amazing. Miss Kenna told us his reading level is that of a Grade 4 student already. Hard to believe as he hates to read. I won't tell him what Miss Kenna said or I'll never get him to read!

Thanks for reading this far if you did. Hope Tuesday is good to you.

6 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Sounds like you have been busy with the kids. I hope your little boy feels better soon and that it doesn't run through the whole house.

I love your layouts.The corrugated cardboard is awesome on the layout.The summer one makes me hopeful for some warmer temps.

Wendance Designs said...

Love the LOs!!! Glad to hear that the kids are keeping you busy :)

Patti said...

Awesome layouts girlie!!
Hope BMan is feeling better soon.:)

Can't wait to see some soccer pictures of Livi:)

Jill Sarginson said...

Oh my goodness girl - I LOVE that first layout ... I'm calling it right now - this WILL be published in some mag for next fall! lol

Check out my blog for a little something for YOU

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous creations Wendy! I have a blog award for you on my personal blog. Happy scrappin'!

Kristii said...

Your layouts are amazing!! I am so excited that you and I are staying on at So Sketchy as Senior So Sketchy Sistas!! Whooo hoo!!