Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers/daddies out there! I may be a little biased but my children have been blessed with the most amazing father in the world. And I have been blessed with a husband who shows his children, most importantly unconditional love.

Happy Father's Day to the man who:
- never complains about getting up at 6:00 a.m. on a Saturday to take Brendan to hockey
- volunteers his time on parent council at school so that he can be a part of our children's
education.
- shows our children that hard work, family and love is what you truly need to be live a fulfilling
life.
- stepped up and coached Olivia's soccer team this year because without a volunteer, her team
would fold and she couldn't play soccer this summer. And he would not let that happen. It took
him about a minute to hit the "reply" button to offer his help.
- does housework, makes dinner, helps with showers and school lunches and so much more
without even thinking twice.
- affectionately calls Olivia his Princess Poohbear and in turn, gets a whopping grin every time
from his girl.
- who knows when we need a hug
- is my own personal human calculator
- works the hockey bench door when he notices the coaches are shorthanded.
- despite being a little tone deaf and somewhat uncoordinated, doesn't hesistate to play along
with Olivia and learn/practice her dance moves.
- brings home little surprises every once in a while which are so thoughtful and completely
unexpected.
- works from home a few times a week so the kids can sleep in if they want and go to school
much later than when I take them to daycare.
- loves him family.

I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. :) Happy Father's Day to all the real men who know what it takes to be an amazing father and who would do anything for their children.

I love you Joe.
xoxo

1 comment:

Julie said...

I can't believe that no one has commented on Joe! He sounds wonderful Wendy and yes I am telling you that you are indeed blessed.I am sure that there are more Joe's out there who deserve a big pat on the back,but since they didn't come forward in comments my pat goes out to JOE!!!!!!! Sounds like a great guy.