Tuesday, November 11, 2008

November 11th....

November 11th,

If you can't remember war,

Think of peace.

God bless all the men and women, past and present, who have given their lives for our freedom and for peace. I hope everyone took a moment today to honour those currently serving our country in Afghanistan and other places of war. And also for the brave men and women of past wars who have fought for us, who have given themselves selflessly.
We attended a Remembrance Day ceremony at Brendan and Olivia's school today. Olivia did a reading all by herself in front of the whole school. I'm not sure I've ever been so proud of her in my life. I wish I could have taken pictures (not permitted) or that her Uncle Serge & Aunt Stephanie or my grandparents and great grandparents could have been there to see her....to see her honour them and all of their comrades who are or were soldiers. It was seriously amazing and a moment I'll never forget.
God bless you Stephanie. Stay safe, stay strong. We can't wait for you to come home. Thank you for all that you do each day.....it takes a unique and beautiful person to do what you do. We think and pray for you every day. We miss you!

No comments: